Workparty dates (all Saturdays) for 2018:
20th Jan (planning meeting in The Bothy) 10 am – noon
12th May (this may well also be an Open Morning event)
10th Nov (end of season social).
The Bothy Garden volunteer group is 7 years old. We are a small and enthusiastic local group keen to promote the benefits to the community of gardening together. Have your say at the forthcoming Planning Meeting how you would like to take that vision forward. You might consider any (or none!) of the following:
- do we want to re-register as an ‘It’s Your Neighbourhood’ group (part of the ‘Britain in Bloom’ scheme)?
- What would we like to grow in 2018?
- Maintenance – what needs doing/replacing?
- ideas for recruiting new people and keeping the amazing people we already have!
- ideas for new gardening projects
- approaching local trades for freebies (eg B&Q is supposed to offer ‘waste’ items to local groups, apparently)
- mutually supporting other St Mary’s groups/ Community Garden groups, etc e.g., can we support ‘Who Let The Dads Out’ mornings and invite the organisers along at the end of the morning to join us?
- socials/ field trip ideas
- outreach – we have typically managed 3 outreach work parties per year to directly benefit local residents – do we feel this is important, and if so, who would like an outreach event/ to nominate a friend in need of one?
In addition, if you have any spare seeds, do bring them along to swap or give away. I’m bringing refreshments to give away!